A blog about Lamb Island in Moreton Bay, Queensland – a unique little paradise under forty kilometres as the seagull flies from Brisbane CBD.
Because of restraints on time, and let’s face it, only a limited amount of material on a small island, we’re now recycling selected earlier posts.
There’s not a comment facility, but if you have a question, you can use the email gizmo near the bottom of the right-hand column.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Aloha, sailor.

I don’t know if this old boat, beside an appropriately old jetty on Lamb Island, is what sailors call a ‘lugger’, but that’s how I think of it. And I’d been thinking too that when its owner gets it restored, I’d be the first to sign-on as a crew member for its trip to some little South Pacific island. Except then I remembered that, technically, I’m already on one.

Mind you, around here we do seem to be a bit short on bare-breasted wahines in grass skirts...